Poster: Using the UCSC Genome Browser to evaluate putative genetic variants
View poster screenshots in the Genome Browser
- Is there an associated phenotype?
- How rare is this deletion?
- Novel variant: what's in the neighborhood?
- Decoding the VCF w/phased genotypes display
- dbSNP: Not just polymorphisms
1000 Genomes Phase 1 v3 integrated variants (May 2012) used in the poster
Thanks to the 1000 Genomes Project for making these data available: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/1000genomes/ftp/release/20110521/ To view a chromosome's phased genotype calls in the browser, right-click to copy the corresponding link ending in ".genotypes.vcf.gz" and then use that as the bigDataUrl parameter as described here: http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/vcf.html
How to get help
- Search for answers in our mail list archives: http://genome.ucsc.edu/contacts.html
- Email a new question to our actively monitored list email@example.com
- OpenHelix's free training materials: http://www.openhelix.com/downloads/ucsc/ucsc_home.shtml
Other posters about the UCSC Genome Browser
- Visually integrating genomic data in the UCSC Genome Browser. Hinrichs AS et al. HGV 2011 genomewiki page .pptx, PDF
- UCSC Genome Browser Data Hubs. Zweig AS et al. Biology of Genomes, 2011 PDF
- Genome-wide ENCODE Data at UCSC. Rosenbloom KR et al. ASHG, 2010. PPT
- UCSC Genome Browser Tool Suite. Hinrichs AS et al. Genomics of Common Disease, 2008: .ppt, PDF