Learn about the Browser
- Follow the video tutorials and browse through the slides at Openhelix.
- Read the [User's guide http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hgTracksHelp.html] and the howtos
- Type in (manually) a couple of custom tracks in different formats
- Subscribe to the mailing list or search through it
- Look at the old website with lots of developer documentation
- Mirror the browser on your machine, read the documentation in src/product
- Install the source tree and play with its tools, searching through the archives when necessary or grep'ing through the source tree.