Ethics in the News
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 20:45, 15 August 2008 by Hiram (talk | contribs) (→External References: Anecdotal evidence undermines science)
See also: Science and Justice at UCSC.
- In DNA Era, Worries About Revival of Prejudice Amy Harmon The New York Times 2007-11-10
- Disgrace: How a giant of science was brought low Robin McKie The Guardian 2007-10-21
- The Ethics of Erasing a Bad memory Scott Haig Time 2007-10-15
- Wombs for Rent Oprah Show 2007-10-09
- Indigenous rights outlined by UN BBC News 2007-09-13
- Share and share alike: deciding how to distribute the scientific and social benefits of genomic data, Morris W. Foster and Richard R. Sharp Nature Reviews Genetics 2007-08
- Identifiability in Genomic Research, William W. Lowrance and Francis S. Collins Science 2007-08
- Islamic Creationist and a Book Sent Round the World, Cornelia Dean NY Times 2007-07-17
- Professors in Colorado Receive Death Threats for Teaching Evolution, Kristen Philipkoski Wired Science 2007-07-17
- A Challenge to Gene Theory, a Tougher Look at Biotech, Denise Caruso NY Times 2007-07-01
- Humans Have Spread Globally, and Evolved Locally, Nicolas Wade New York Times, June 26, 2007 reviews and/or discussion
- Genes, genomes and genealogies: the return of scientific racism ?, Robert Carter Ethnic and racial Studies 2007-07-04 reviews and/or discussion
- Opening the white box: Exploring the study of whiteness in contemporary genetics research, Richard Tutton Ethnic and Racial Studies 2007-07-04
- 6 Billion Bits of Data About Me, Me, Me !, Amy Harmon NY Times 2007-06-03
- Break a Confidence ? Never. Well, Hardly Ever., Sandeep Jauhar, M.D. NY Times 2007-05-29
- Search engine aims to Google your genes, Rhys Blakely London Times 2007-05-24
- Childhood Origins of Adult Resistance to Science, Paul Bloom and Deena Skolnick Weisberg Science 2007-05-18
- Earlier Down syndrome test prompts debate: NY Times 2007-05-09
- Irish teen wins abortion battle BBC News 2007-05-09
- Dangerous New Age of the Genome Financial Times 2007-05-09
- As Ethics Panels Expand, No Research Field Is Exempt, Patricia Cohen NY Times 2007-02-28
- Pillow Angel - parents keep child small Time Magazine 2007-01-07 and parents blog
- Studies of published research indicate that many results arefound to be false: Dirty Little Secret Seed Magazine 2007-05 and Why Most Published Research Findings Are False PLOS
- Wanting Babies Like Themselves, Some Parents Choose Genetic Defects NY Times 2006-12-05
- How Anecdotal Evidence can undermine scientific results Scientific American
- Towards A Science For The People Bill Zimmerman, Len Radinsky, Mel Rothenberg and Bart Meyers (1972)
- My Daughter's DNA Hugh Young Rienhoff Jr., M.D.
- USA National Newborn Screening and Genetics Resource Center
- Save Babies Through Screening Inc. foundation to promote infant screening programs
- National Center for Science Education Defending the Teaching of Evolution in the Public Schools
- DefendingScience.org "The Project on Scientific Knowledge and Public Policy examines the nature of science and how it is used and misused in government decision-making and legal proceedings. Through empirical research, conversations among scholars, and publications, SKAPP aims to enhance understanding of how knowledge is generated and interpreted. SKAPP promotes transparent decision-making, based on the best available science, to protect public health."
- Emory-Tibet Science Initiative ... an historic initiative to develop and implement a comprehensive science education curriculum for Tibetan monastics.
- Hypotheses, Facts, and the Nature of Science Douglas Futuyma, Evolutionary Biology, 3rd ed., Sinauer Associates, 1998, pp. 9-12.